Menu

District VIII

DISTRICT VIII BARANGAY BAGBAG BRIEF HISTORY Early settlers since 1816 like the Malay forefathers had lives along the seashore far west of the reclamation area. The sea had washed away about 200 meters from the present coastline. When the early houses were eroded by the sea, the early settlers of about a score of household continue reading : District VIII

District VII

DISTRICT VII BARANGAY GUERRERO BRIEF HISTORY This quiet and idyllic village was created on February 25, 1972 by virtue of Provincial Board Resolution No. 29 Series of 1972. This Barangay was named after former Supreme Court Justice and La Union Governor Juvenal K. Guerrero. It was carved from the southern portion of Payocpoc Norte Este, continue reading : District VII

District VI

DISTRICT VI   BARANGAY NAGREBCAN BRIEF HISTORY Nagrebcan is one of the oldest barangays in the region or in the country. It came into permanent existence when formerly it was the seat of Spanish Ministry in the Ilocos and it was transferred to Baratao sometime in 1590, being one of the two major pueblos then. continue reading : District VI

District V

 DISTRICT V BARANGAY BOY-UTAN BRIEF HISTORY  Barangay Boy-utan is one of the farthest barangays in the Municipality of Bauang. One reaches it through a provincial road connected from the National Highway just across the Bauang Bridge on the southern bank of Bauang River. It is a progressive community due to the cooperative efforts of the continue reading : District V

District IV

DISTRICT IV BARANAGAY ACAO BRIEF HISTORY During the Spanish regime covering wide spread of lands within the territory that rests in the middle of a long river and a range of small mountains; this was filled with abundant trees called Madre Cacao and Cacao (chocolate trees). Due to the noticeable presence of this tree which continue reading : District IV